CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria for Nov 2018 exam
CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria: CA Foundation is the newly introduced CA entry-level examination formulated under revised scheme of CA education and training. CA Foundation is going to be held twice every year- once in May and once in November.
CA Foundation will completely replace the old scheme CPT examination after June 2019 session. CA CPT June 2019 will be the last attempt of CA examination.
Until June 2019, both CA Foundation and CPT exams will be conducted by ICAI.
Read CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria for more details.
This article covers details about CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria
CA Foundation Course eligibility by ICAI
As per ICAI,
A student who has appeared in the Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India (or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) may register for Foundation Course.
A registered student may appear in Foundation Examination after he/ she has qualified the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India (or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
A student who has got himself/ herself registered for Foundation Course and has undergone a minimum of four months study period is eligible to appear in the Foundation Examination, i.e., students registered on or before 30th June/31st December will be eligible to appear in November/May examination respectively. Foundation Examinations are held in May&November every year.
List of Examinations treated as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination:
1. Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
2. Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
3. Bihar School Examination Board
4. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
5. Chhatisgarh Board of Secondary Education
6. Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
7. Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
8. Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
9. Board of School Education, Haryana
10. H. P. Board of School Education
11. J & K State Board of School Education
12. Jharkhand Academic Council
13. Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education
14. Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Education
15. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
16. Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
17. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur
18. Meghalaya Board of School Education
19. Mizoram Board of School Education
20. Nagaland Board of School Education
21. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa
22. Punjab School Education Board
23. Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
24. Tamil Nadu State Board of School Examinations
25. Tripura Board of Secondary Education
26. U. P. Board of High School and Intermediate Education
27. Board of School Education, Uttarkhand
28. West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
29. Chhatisgarh State Open School
30. M.P. State Open School
31. National Institute of Open Schooling
32. Rajasthan State Open School
33. The West Bengal Council of Ravindra Open Schooling
34. Banasthali Vidyapith
35. 5 (Five) passes at GCE ‘O’ level/GCSE/IGCSE in A/B/C Grades and two passes at GCE ‘Advanced’ level examination of the approved British Examining Bodies is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Body.
36. Students who have completed two years of higher education including Diploma course after passing 10th class, conducted either by Central/ State Government(s) and on passing such a course have either been admitted to first year of graduation course or have passed the graduation course conducted by any University, including Open Universities, established by law in India shall be also eligible for admission to the Foundation Course.
37. 10+2 Examination of any other recognized Board/University not covered above but recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination as recognized by Central Government.
Feel free to ask questions or leave comments in the comment section below.